Wednesday 17 July 2013

princess

i deliberately woke up and went to school late today. i don't mind that my mum shouted at me for a while, because i saw a cheery caribbean guy with big hair in a big hat this morning. he was mowing the grass near my school and when he saw me he shouted across to me hi princess! have a good day princess! beautiful princess! it was a nice burst of neighbourly friendliness (or at least i hope so) like you hardly get these days and it made me smile. :-)

on the bus journey to school i was uncomfortably hot and i didn't feel like reading so i wrote a mediocre wannabe-optimistic poem in the back of my planner:
windows on buses are so small
but i'm glad we have them at all
clothes in shops are so overpriced
but to even have a variety is a delight
my younger brothers are so annoying
yet i know, without them, life would be boring
lessons are so long and breaks too short
but without school i'd be naught
so i'm glad that i even get taught
i think what i'm trying to say is
even if you're unsatisfied with the way something is
appreciate that you have something in the first place
maybe your options are limited but there are opportunities just ready to see your face
it would be a shame if you let them go to waste

i got home and watched music videos on dvd with my youngest brother and we ate twister ice lollies then red grapes. since then i've danced naked in my room and now i want food. i don't like to eat lunch at school. i didn't go in on monday or tuesday. it's now wednesday the 17th and demi lovato's new music video is out for made in the usa. she codirected it and it's so good. i like when people take control of their creative visions.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

3 comments:

  1. I also quite respect people who take control of their visions, it shows drive
    Nice blog!

    http://wastelandsofwisdom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. your poem is 10000% accurate :))

    ReplyDelete