Friday 8 March 2013

mistakes

this week has been a succession of me humiliating myself and being embarrassing and embarrassed and making quite stupid mistakes really. of course i felt ridiculously mortified in these moments but i would always laugh. i find it so easy to laugh at myself and it's getting easier to not beat myself up about things. i still do occasionally but i guess it's okay, i've long since accepted that i'm not perfect. i used to pray that jesus would make me perfect but i'm not 9 and friendless anymore hehe.
i was sitting in maths the other day and wondering why the words 'wrong' and 'mistake' are so feared almost? people are embarrassed by even the littlest, most insignificant things - even me. sometimes my heart skips when i trip over my feet (a daily occurrence lol) and there's a tightness in my throat, i think 'oh god, i hope nobody saw that'. it's kind of silly though because the people that would've seen are also people that have these insecure moments. it's a strange comfort to know that you aren't alone in messing up.
this post was inspired by two occasions this week: this afternoon i was first to perform my drama monologue and it went horribly wrong oh my god, i forgot half of it and i literally froze and kept shaking my head lol. i think my whole class hates me because the other occasion was in p.e the other day when we played bench ball, and i was always the last to throw a ball successfully and i made us lose once (my class is severely competitive and i'm lazy and uninterested in physical activity). haha i don't mean to be such an incompetent, inadequate nincompoop - i just am!
"i used to think i was the strangest person in the world but then i thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways i do. i would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. well, i hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true i'm here, and i'm just as strange as you." - frida kahlo.
i spent christmas day last year looking at her paintings on my cousin's ipad
(source)

4 comments:

  1. absolutely amazing! i have been loving Frida Kahlo for years because of her color palette and feminist opinion. you have an amazing blog, honestly!!! hope you will have 100000000000 followers :))))
    your sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, coming from you this is so flattering. yes she was a very bold woman. i only found out about her recently though, sometime last year. aww you are so lovely dear sonia! :-)
      x

      Delete
  2. I love this post , I feel so related towards what you're saying here,i write a lot and I'm an inspiring actress and I think that when it comes to the writing pad, it has helped me a lot to analyse people and analyse me , this had made me see everything with a more analytic eye, and acting books are like magical I swear to god those books make me feel less pathetic and free, but at the end of the day we are all pathetic in our own little pretty way, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so nice, thanks for your comment. i definitely do agree with you. i love how people share their experiences and you can learn from them. i hope your acting goes well!
      x

      Delete